If you need to contact your therapist please do so via email:
In order to make our clinic as “Covid-19 safe” as possible you will notice we’ve made some changes when you arrive to help minimize any risk of transmission. Our reception area is temporarily closed with no walk ins. Chairs are unavailable to sit on and any non-essential items that could potentially transfer germs have been removed (magazines, business cards, appointment reminder cards, etc.). We realize this may seem cold but your safety is our #1 concern.
We will frequently be cleaning and disinfecting common areas with high touch surfaces including handles, phones, stools, desk & table surfaces. We are scheduling more time in between appointments to do a thorough cleaning of the treatment room. The practice of handshaking and non-essential contact is discontinued for the time being. We are being proactive and take your health and safety very seriously. We thank you for your patience as we adapt to the new normal.
- 24 hours before you appointment we will need to confirm that you have not travelled outside of British Columbia in the previous 14 days. We will ask you to complete the BC COVID-19 self-assessment tool. Please cancel your appointment if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 which include:
- Fever (average normal body temperature is 37˚C)
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat and painful swallowing
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell
- Loss of appetite
- If you have experienced any of the symptoms or had close contact with anyone with such symptoms we ask that you be symptom free for at least 14 days.
- If you are experiencing any of these symptoms and have not been tested for COVID-19, we recommend that you call 811.
- We will be completing the same self-assessment tool each morning before work. If any therapist is experiencing any of the above symptoms they will need to cancel their day.
- Your informed consent will be required before you receive treatment…while we’ve taken measures to minimize risk of viral transmission, the nature of massage therapy means that physical distancing is not possible in the treatment room.
- Prior to your treatment your therapist will email you the mandatory form labeled “COVID-19 Patient Intake Consent”. To keep this process paperless please email us your signed consent form. If you require assistance on this please speak with your therapist prior to your appointment.
- We will have a strict no-show policy. Our schedules will be limited and appreciate 24 hours notice if you are unable to make it. Cancellation fees will be waived if you are feeling unwell, but if you do not arrive for your appointment without notice we will ask that you pay in full.
- If you’re experiencing any symptoms or feel unwell in any way we ask that you cancel your appointment.
- We require that you wear a mask upon arrival and for the duration of the time you are at the clinic. Your therapist will also be wearing mask.
- We recommend arriving no earlier than 5 mins before your appointment as our reception area is closed.
- Wait outside the front of the building & your therapist will come get you when it’s time for your appointment. We will run through the self-assessment outcomes again & take your temperature with an infrared thermometer.
- We will ask you to wash your hands for 20 seconds upon your arrival.
- No friends or family are permitted to join you.
- Keep an eye on markings on the floor to ensure social distancing while in the clinic (front desk & sink area).
In the treatment room
- Once you enter the treatment room we will review the screening questions one last time.
- We have removed all table warmers, heating pads & non-essential items from the treatment room.
- Your treatment room has been thoroughly cleaned & disinfected.
- Your therapist will wash their hands for 20 seconds before and after your treatment.
- Upon entry to the treatment room your therapist will use hand sanitizer before your treatment begins.
- Your therapist will be wearing a mask and safety glasses for the duration of your treatment. Gloves are available for therapist use upon patient’s request.
After your treatment
- We will ask you to wash your hands for 20 seconds.
- Our therapists will accept e-transfers.
- We will not be accepting cash.
- Our debit machine will be sanitized after each use.
- Your receipt will be emailed to you.
- While at the clinic we will not be able to book future appointments for you. Please log into your Jane account to book or cancel your next appointment. Or email your therapist for assistance.
- We will open the door for you to leave the clinic.
- Your therapist will now disinfect the treatment room for the next appointment.
- After the treatment room is disinfected your therapist will change their outfit before their next appointment.
We thank you for your patience as we go through this new process and find ways to manage this situation and care for everyone. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our clinic.
The Capitol Hill Massage Therapy Team
Effective April 1, 2020
Our Rates Will Be:
60 minutes – $110
45 minutes – $95
30 minutes – $62
Massage Therapy Burnaby
Capitol Hill Massage Therapy Clinic has been serving North Burnaby since 1998. We are located in the Medical Building at the corner of Hastings Street and Beta Avenue. Our multi-disciplinary clinic provides a balanced approach to a healthy lifestyle. Our Massage Therapy and Chiropractic Services Include:
Massage Therapy Burnaby
Massage Therapy is the manual manipulation of soft tissues and joints. It includes active and passive techniques, hydrotherapy and therapeutic exercises which all help to rehabilitate musculoskeletal dysfunctions. It acts directly upon the muscular, nervous and circulatory systems to rehabilitate physical injuries and improve health. Massage therapy is also remarkably effective when used as part of a preventive care program.
Hot Stone Massage
Hot Stone Massage is a specialty massage that uses smooth, heated basalt stones which absorb and retain heat well. The direct heat relaxes muscles, allowing manipulation of a greater intensity than with regular massage. In cases of muscular injury and inflammation, cooling marble stones are also used. The cool stones cause the blood vessels to constrict, stimulating the nervous system and drawing blood and waste products along the body. The warmer stones expand the blood vessels, pushing blood and unwanted waste materials through the body. This has a sedative effect on the nervous system.
Chiropractic care is a health discipline and profession that emphasizes the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system; especially the spine and nervous system. The main chiropractic techniques involve manual therapy (including manipulation of the spine and other joints), soft tissue treatments, as well as diet and exercise. Chiropractic can help by promoting overall good health.