Massage Therapy Benefits
Massage therapy benefits are remarkably effective when used as part of a preventative care program. Some examples of general wellness care include pre or post-natal care (pregnancy), infant massage, stress management, sports training, injury prevention and performance enhancement.
A woman’s body undergoes major physiological, structural and emotional changes during pregnancy. For a majority of expecting mothers, they do experience some muscle and joint pain throughout their pregnancy. This is very common.
A massage therapist can relieve muscle tension and pain, decrease back and pelvic pain, reduce symptoms that help improve mood and sleep.
MASSAGE THERAPY BENEFITS
- Improves circulation, which brings more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Relaxes and decreases tone of injured and overused muscles.
- Stimulates the lymph system (the body’s natural defense) against toxic invaders.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Improves range of motion and decreases discomfort for patients.
- Reduces spasms and cramping.
- Reduces recovery time for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
- Releases endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller. For this reason, massage is being incorporated into treatment for chronic illness and injury to control and relieve pain.
- Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and reduces and realigns scar tissue.
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles.